Friday, August 3, 2012

Close to the End

This past week I made my final stops along my "queen tour." It is amazing how fast this summer has gone! Its also amazing as to how many people have viewed my blog! When I first started posting, I figured I would only get a few views from family and friends. It turns out I have reached people from all ends of the earth! I am still curious as to how eleven people from Russia found out about the Iowa State Fair Queen's blog! Never underestimate the power of social media!

On Sunday, I helped judge an impressive group of girls in Algona for the Kossuth County Fair.  I loved how so many of the girls enjoyed musical and fine art activities!  Many of them have composed or written music of their own, which is something I love to do! On Tuesday, they crowned the new queen Jordan Hall (one of the musical girls!). Congrats!

My cousin Cheri Daum and my Aunt Sandy Schnepf volunteered as chaperones on Wednesday night as we headed to Woodbury County for some final judging and the crowning of a new queen! The best part of the night was during the coronation of their new king. The 2011 King "knighted" the new king in with a cattle show stick. This should be a tradition at every king coronation...it was absolutely great! Kali Weber will serve as the new Woodbury County Fair Queen; she did a wonderful job!

My queen tour has come to an official end. In one week the Iowa State Fair will begin and soon my reign will be over. This year has been an absolute whirlwind, but the experience of a lifetime. I cannot thank everyone enough for their wonderful support each and everyday. I am so very excited to head to Des Moines on Tuesday to meet with the 100 girls that will be competing for the title of Iowa State Fair Queen! It will be a completely different experience being on the other side of things in competition.

Crowning @ Woodbury County!

2011 Woodbury County Queen, Kelsey Orr. She placed 3rd at the State Fair!

New Queen Kali!

Family friend Randy Wright! :)

Queen Cheri!

Sandy's turn!

Kossuth County Queen, Jordan Bjustrom!
I will update how things are going next week! Have a good one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment