Friday, July 20, 2012

A couple more :)

Two more Queens are crowned after judging this week! I made stops in Poweshiek County and Pocahontas County to judge some wonderful queen contestants. On Wednesday, Dad and I traveled to Grinnel to Poweshiek County! Sadly Alexis Fergeson, the 2011 Poweshiek County Fair Queen, was sick with an 101.4 degree temperature as well as strep throat. I got to know her at the state competition last year, and enjoyed her immensely! It was 100 degrees outside already, so I can imagine how miserable it would have been! The competition went one and Aly Jones was crowned the new 2012 Poweshiek County Fair Queen. She will represent her county very well in August! 
Crowning Aly!
Poweshiek County Fair Queen Contestants

Last night I went to Pocahontas to once again join the eleven girls I had judged a week previous. They all looked stunning in their formal gowns. (This is my other favorite part of judging competitions...its like prom all over again!) The 2011 Pocahontas County Fair Queen, Tori Stevenson, gave a bittersweet farewell to the large crowd. She did a great job! Congratulations to the new queen, Hannah! She was an absolute joy to meet her...can't wait to see her again at state!

I seem to be running on reserve battery power lately. I forget how tired I am at times until I get into the car for a long drive! This morning I got to sleep in for awhile for the first time in a long time! That's what summer is all about, right? Well, I won't get much sleep in any time soon because the O'Brien County Fair starts on Saturday and I'm still working on getting the 4-H projects ready! I wonder if my goats will even be able to walk in the show ring? On Monday I will crown the 2012 O'Brien County Fair Queen. I got a "survival kit" ready for her and crown box decked out in pink. I can't wait to see who it is!

See you all this week at the fair!
2012 Miss Pocahontas County and 2012 Little Miss
All the Pocahontas Contestants...my crown makes me look tall!
Queen Tori and I :)

No comments:

Post a Comment