Monday, July 9, 2012

A Little Too Much Fun

Here I am in the midst of my "queen tour!" It is crazy to think I have a little over a month left in my reign and it is the busiest and, I may add, the funnest part of my experience! On Saturday I was asked to judge the Marion County Queen Contest in Knoxville, Iowa, home of the 2010 Iowa State Fair Queen and my wonderful friend Lacy Stevenson! There were nine OUTSTANDING contestants and after a little over six hours of interviews and stage questioning Emily Klootwyk was crowned the new queen! This was my first time watching another crowning other than my own and my sister Sterling's. I think my face was bursting at the seams! It is so exciting to see another girl begin her own "queenship." 

My schedule is in full peak and I also went to the Cherokee County Queen Contest on Sunday and Woodbury County Queen Contest to judge this afternoon. I cannot believe the amount of work these coordinators do to get these girls ready for judging! Demi Dunn, Cherokee Queen Coordinator, is an absolute gem. Their 14 contestants were so very well prepared and the atmosphere was a blast to be in! Props to her! Plus, I got to spend time with my roommate Sara Peters from the competition in Des Moines. I love all my queen friends! The queens have not been announced yet so I can't spill the beans...sorry!

Mom and I would like to start coordinating the O'Brien County Queen Contest and it is great to see how the different contests run. This week is filled with contests! Tomorrow I will be heading south with Mom to Montgomery County and Dad will be taking me Wednesday to Davis County where Iowa State Fair Board Member Gary McConnel lives. Get excited for the next few days!

The beautiful queen Katelyn Sanders and I :)

Marion County Queen Contestants

Where the judges get to hang out! Weird to be on the other side of things. 

2012 Queen of Marion County, Emily Klootwyk

Royalty!

The Cherokee County Queen Contestants with Sara and I


Had a blast with these girls!

The AWESOME judges and coordinators...such an awesome group!

Queen friends until the end!












No comments:

Post a Comment