Monday, July 2, 2012

Spittin' Seeds

Queen appearances for me are just about in full swing for the summer! This Saturday I went to Quimby Watermelon Days where they were celebrating their 125th year celebration. My friends Kayla and Kelsey were more than willing to serve as "Fair Queen Security" for the day and needless to say we had an ABSOLUTE blast! Kayla managed to not crash the red Mustang we drove in the parade and both girls willingly posed for my Mom's million pictures! The parade wasn't the end of our fun. We also handed out endless amounts of watermelon slices to the hungry folks of Quimby Saturday night. We were more than sticky! I also got to meet up with my wonderful friend Sara Peters, Miss Cherokee County Fair Queen, who was also my roommate at the state fair competition. Such a good time!

Iowa's July heat showed its true colors because it was very hot and my shoulders were burnt red. I'll be sure to pack some sunscreen in my crown box from now on! 











3 comments:

  1. Paris,
    I love the photos your mom took! You guys look like you are having so much fun! That watermelon looks awesome!

    We are lucky in Iowa to have you representing us. I'll see you at the State Fair when you pass your crown to the next queen!

    Blessings on a great summer,
    Mrs. Krebs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Mrs. Krebs knows a celebrity!

    Hi, Paris,
    I'm from IL, but NW of Chicago, so I don't know if we have a state fair queen - I should probably know this! Anyway, I wanted to tell you - you are not "attempting" a blog, as your bio says - you ARE blogging! And people from all over will see it now, thanks to Mrs. Krebs' tweet!

    The watermelons and you and your friends look sweet, and I wish I could see some seed spitting' some day!

    Enjoy your time in Iowa before you move to a big city!!
    - Joy Kirr

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, Paris,

    I saw a link to your blog and thought I might drop in to see your initial blog posts. Welcome to blogging. You have started an adventure sharing with the world. You never know how far your posts might travel.

    The Quimby Watermelon Days look like fun. Where I live in Australia, it's more dairy farming than crop growing. My family has been farming in this valley since the 1840s, although now it's only a cousin of mine continuing the tradition. We don't have a milk or cheese festival but my town does have an annual jazz festival held in June each year.

    Keep up this excellent blogging and readers will come. Interesting... It's sort of like the film set in Iowa, "Field of Dreams". :)

    @RossMannell
    Teacher, NSW, Australia

    ReplyDelete